Bryan, Angie, Lexie, Hoyt & Sabrie

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year everyone! I always have several goals for the new year in different categories such as financial, spiritual, personal fitness, etc. One goal this year is to blog once a week on Sunday afternoon, because this blog serves as our family history. I still have to make up the past 2 months, but I have all the posts started and ready to complete. Once I am caught up, I hope to stay that way. I decided to at least start out the first Sunday with a new post so I don't get even further behind, and I'll catch up as soon as I can. New Year's was kind of boring this year because I have been sick for over 2 weeks now with different things. First I had mastitis right before Christmas which was NOT fun, then I have come down with several small bugs and haven't completely recovered yet. I think being pregnant, then having a baby and getting no sleep has made my immune system crappy. I'm hoping to be back to normal very soon and get going on my other goals...especially the fitness ones (I seriously need to lose the baby weight and then some).
The only picture we got for New Year's was our midnight kiss. Bryan and I started watching a movie, but I fell asleep about 1/2 way in and after it was over we both got ready for bed and fell right back asleep.
 New Year's Day I decided to start getting a little more organized. For Christmas we got the kids some organization bins for their rooms (they were probably more of a gift for the parents). We spent the day getting their toys all organized and so far it seems to be helping. I'm finding that picking up their rooms at night is taking a lot less time. Here are some pictures of their organized rooms.
Hoyt's cute Pooh Bear room.
 
 The Princess room.
 
 January 2nd, Sabrie turned 2 months old! I can't believe that much time has gone by since she was born. It goes by so fast which makes me a little sad in some ways, but I also love that she is getting chubby, starting to smile a lot, and making cute "goo" sounds. Sabrie is such a pretty baby, and has all of us wrapped around her little finger. She is starting to sleep through the night great, usually sleeping at least one 7 hour stretch. She's been such a good baby, only crying when she's really hungry or cold. She has never taken a pacifier because she's never upset enough to even need to be soothed. Obviously she eats great because she is getting a lot bigger and I can't wait to find out how big she actually is now at her appointment in a week. Lexie and Hoyt both LOVE her (a little too much sometimes), and are always asking to hold her and giving her kisses. I have just felt bad that she's also been sick with a cold and had a stuffy nose, but hopefully she's on the mend. We love our sweet baby girl!
I love all her cute expressions. :)
She is also getting interested in her hands.
And Lexie was begging to get in a picture with her baby sister.
As for the rest of our week, there wasn't too much exciting that happened. Friday night Mickell was nice and came over to watch Lexie and Hoyt so Bryan and I could go on a date with the baby. We went to Winger's for some sticky fingers then did a little shopping. It was nice to get out and be able to spend some time together with just one kid who can't talk yet so we could have an actual conversation. Saturday was just a normal busy "get ready for Sunday" type of day. Because the baby and I are sick, Bryan just took the older 2 kids to church with him today. Lexie is now out of Sunbeams and is now a CTR 5. She was so excited about her new class and can't wait to get back to preschool tomorrow to see all of her friends! Hoyt is still in nursery and loves playing with his favorite toys and eating snacks. The switch to 9 a.m. church will be much better for the kids...it will just be getting there in a timely manner that might be the hard part. And that is a wrap up to my first post of 2013. We are hoping for good things for our family this year (even though it seems the country will be going through some pretty tough times). We hope to make the best of everything and have a great year where we make many fun memories!

No comments: