Bryan, Angie, Lexie, Hoyt & Sabrie

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Week 2

I'm doing my best to at least keep at least one New Year's resolution this year...most of them are not going well 2 weeks into the year mostly due to me being sick the first 9 days of this year. So here is my second weekly blog of the year. This week started out rough because my sickness got worse Sunday night into Monday, and Sabrie got croupy which scared us because she is so tiny. Bryan contemplated going north to work Tuesday because the CEO of Xerox was set to be in town to meet with them, but with me being so sick and the baby having such a rough time breathing, he finally decided it would be best for him to stay and make sure we were all taken care of. I seriously have the best husband ever! By Tuesday night we were both feeling much better (an extra thanks to my Grandma Mickelson for putting our names in the temple - which I have no doubt really helped us get a speedy recovery). Here's to hoping we can keep more sickness out of our house this winter - especially the flu that seems to be running rampant (I hope I don't regret not getting the flu shot when they told me to in the hospital). Now we just have to deal with the freezing cold!

Baby #3 gets some disadvantages. For one thing, I can't leave her alone where the other kids have access to her or bad things could happen. She hasn't gotten the tummy time she probably needs, but the other day I got out her new toy she got for Christmas to see what she thought. Basically she just liked to eat it, but I'm sure she'll figure out how to play with the toys soon.
 Lexie had to sneak in a picture with her sister. She loves her baby Sabrie so much. We finally got the crib set up in Lexie's room and she can't wait for the baby to actually sleep in there. So far the baby usually sleeps either with us, or in her swing. Because she's had a stuffy nose she needs her head elevated. But the past few nights she has slept 8 hours...GO BABY!
 Friday I was able to go to lunch with my awesome friend Jill. It was her birthday Tuesday and I was going to take her then, but because I was sick we had to postpone until Friday. We went to Pastry Pub which was delicious! I had such a fun time catching up with Jill and finding out more about her new married life and her pregnancy...plus, it is nice for me to get out and have a little fun without the kids!

Friday evening Bryan surprised me with flowers! He hasn't done that for a long time (mostly because he's scared I'll get mad that it wasn't in the budget or something). It was a gorgeous arrangement of a unique marbled red rose with little purple flowers, etc. I loved them and I love my sweet hubby!
 Hoyt really wanted to smell the flowers; I thought it was cute.
 Here I am with my cute and crazy 2-year-old. Sometimes I wonder if I will ever survive this boy in this terrible 2 stage. He's so cute and says the funniest things all the time, but he's also BUSY! Every time we leave the room for a few seconds, or I try to feed the baby, he getting into all sorts of trouble. But even though he keeps us on our toes, he is the most loving little boy. He loves to give hugs and kisses and always tells us to "Put the baby down and give me hug".
 My sweet little smiley baby girl is getting so big and so much more expressive. She learned to roll over this week from stomach to back, but I have yet to catch it on camera so you'll just have to take my word until we can catch her in action. She probably could have done it a lot sooner if I had been able to put her on the floor without being worried her siblings would do some damage.
I was just thinking today how grateful I am for my little family. We finally all made it to all 3 hours of church for the first time in a month and the kids did great! We have so much to be Thankful for, but I must now sign off until next week...

2 comments:

Cindy Anderson said...

great goal to post each week. this blog will be so valuable to u in years to come. :)

Cindy Anderson said...

great goal to post each week. this blog will be so valuable to u in years to come. :)