Bryan, Angie, Lexie, Hoyt & Sabrie

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas 2012

I have mixed emotions about Christmas 2012, but for the most part it was good and the kids had a blast! The weekend before Christmas we headed to my parent's house. Saturday night, Bryan went with my dad and some of my siblings to watch The Hobbit at the IMAX in Zion. Sunday turned out to be a crazy, and ultimately sad day. I won't go into everything that happened on this post because I have a separate post about my Grandpa Hoyt passing. We had Jen open her presents that day so we could watch her. She loved her baptism dress!
 One of the main reasons we went over for the weekend was for the Lorene Lamb Christmas Memorial Concert. Most of my family was participating, including me (sing in the Melody Miss Alumni Choir). The hardest part was learning that Grandpa had passed away just a few minutes before the program was going to start. But the show went on and I think we made Mrs. Lamb proud. Jen had a hard time wanting to give her tribute, but they told her now Grandpa could hear her sing so she went up there and did a great job!
Here is a video of the Melody Miss Alumni Choir. I loved the years I spent learning music from Mrs. Lamb. She was a huge part of my life, and I'm forever grateful for the memories especially of Melody Misses. Those programs made Christmas in the Valley special.
 We decided to head back to Cedar City right after the program because it was starting to storm pretty bad and we didn't want to get stuck for Christmas. Christmas Eve with our kids was a nice day. The kids opened their new PJs so they could wear them that night.
The kids insisted on making some cookies for Santa so we opted for some Reese's Pieces cookies and they were yummy! Lexie forgot to ask Santa for a candy cane filled with candy, so she decided to write him a little note to leave with his milk and cookies. She abbreviated a bit, but I thought her note was cute and it worked!
Merry Christmas to all...
...and to all a good night!
Yummy Butterscotch Bubble Loaf for breakfast!
And here is all the loot. Man we were spoiled this year...I tried so hard to reign it in and only get a few presents, but I got such great deals and I just kept finding things I knew everyone would love. Maybe next year I'll have better self control...I love Christmas!
Kids with their Santa gifts. New baby doll with crib, stroller, and diaper bag with accessories for Lexie, and a toy vacuum for Hoyt (he is obsessed with all vacuums right now).
Let the gift opening begin! They decided to open gifts from each other first.
Lexie got Cinderella and her Prince; Hoyt got a matching game.
Not many pictures of Mom, but I did get some nice things.
Bryan got some books and a car starter, which should come in handy in the winter, especially for the Saturn.
Hoyt with some of his other presents.
Lexie with some of her other presents.
Opening their new toy storage bins...
...and new tables and chairs.
Sabrie slept for a while, but finally joined the fun. Santa gave her a baby doll. She wasn't sure what to think of all the excitement.
But she was smiling and is just such a sweetie pie!
The kids wanted to play with Sabrie so they lined up the stuffed animals and doll right next to her. I had to get a picture.
After a long morning full of fun, Hoyt needed a milk break with his new friend Stuffy the Dragon.
Overall it was a pretty fantastic Christmas. It was a little hard to completely enjoy it, with the loss of Grandpa so fresh...but we know he is in a better place and no longer suffering. We are grateful for this season we've had to remember the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ. Life really is great and we Wish You a Merry Christmas & a Very Happy New Year!

No comments: