Bryan, Angie, Lexie, Hoyt & Sabrie

Monday, July 6, 2009

Family Vacation to Blanding

In June we decided to take a trip to Blanding to visit Bryan's parents and also just have some vacation time. We headed out on Saturday, June 20th in the morning. By the time we hit Richfield we needed to stop and feed Lexie and my parents just happened to be watching my brother play in a baseball tournament there, so we drove over to the ball fields and watched the game while we fed Lexie and visited with my parents for a little while. As we were getting ready to leave the ball field my friend Ashlee came running over and caught us. I haven't seen Ashlee for quite a while and she lives in Beaver but just happened to be in Richfield watching her son play baseball and was driving by as we were pulling out. She told her husband to stop the car and she came running over to say hi. That was super unexpected but way fun! Most of our trip is in the other three posts below. I did them in order of the days and the bottom post of Arches was Saturday afternoon then above that post was about Sunday and the one right below this one is Monday.

We traveled back home on Tuesday. Lexie had been such a good traveler and slept from Blanding to Green River and she didn't really get upset until right before Richfield. So we stopped and walked around for a bit then grabbed some Chinese food and headed to the park to eat. Here is Bryan and Lexie with our Chinese meal at the park.
We finally got home Tuesday night and spent the rest of the week trying to recover from the trip. However, on Saturday night Bryan got really sick and Sunday morning Lexie got up way sick too. So we spent until Thursday all taking our turns being sick. Sadly I had to be sick on my birthday, but luckily we were better in time for the 4th weekend...but those are other posts for later. I hope you enjoy all the updates!

1 comment:

Lyman Family said...

Sounds like you had fun! We need to get down to Blanding one of these days. I'd like to see Arches again, but want to wait for it to cool down first! I'm a wimp in the heat.