Bryan, Angie, Lexie, Hoyt & Sabrie

Monday, July 20, 2009

Birthday & 4th of July

July 1st I celebrated my birthday. I was still recovering from being sick so I didn't really feel up to doing much. Bryan and Lexie had been sick a couple of days before me then I picked it up, but luckily it was only a 24-48 hour bug and we all mended quickly. All we ended up doing that evening was getting dinner from Bruno's, eating ice cream, and watching a movie. Bryan bought me some jeans at Old Navy a few weeks before my birthday but he wanted to get a shirt also so we went to Beals and found a good deal on a bright yellow one. He wanted to take a picture of me in my new jeans and shirt so here I am striking a pose. My family made me an awesome birthday dinner with grilled hamburgers, macaroni salad, and watermelon when we went over for the 4th weekend. And it wouldn't be my birthday without a chocolate cake with 7-minute frosting. Here I am with Lexie and my cake...really, if you haven't tried this kind of cake you are missing out!
On the 4th we went to the Kanab festivities with my mom's family which has been tradition for quite a while now. We went to the parade and hung out with all the family at my aunt's house which is just across the street from the city park where all the games and entertainment go on. We enjoyed my uncle's famous dutch-oven chicken and potatoes, and their lawn is a front-row view of the fireworks that night so the setup is perfect. We are proud to be Americans and for our many freedoms! Here are a few pictures from our day.
Lexie enjoying the parade (and her bottle).
Our Family decked out in the Red, White, and Blue!
Lexie loves Great Grandpa Mickelson!
Lexie also loves Great Grandma Mickelson and Jell-o jigglers!
This is Lexie playing with my cousin's daughter Ta'Kara.
Lexie liked to point at the fireworks while she watched them.
Here is a short video clip of the firework show.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Angie,
It's been a while since I talked to you. It looks like you had a fun birthday and 4th. Sorry you got sick, but I'm glad you got better in time to enjoy the celebration on the 4th. It's fun to see pictures of Lexie. She is a cutie.

The Bonham Family said...

Lexie sure is getting big. Happy Late Late Birthday!