Bryan, Angie, Lexie, Hoyt & Sabrie

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

March Madness...Starting in February

Those of you who know me best, know my love for sports. My husband...not so much, but he is good to me and comes with me to sporting events once in a while. My brother Matt's team was playing in Cedar last week at the region tournament so we decided to go support his team. First of all, I posted previously about how Lexie hates the noise of the basketball games. We took her on Tuesday to the semi-final game which featured Valley (our team) who was ranked 4th during the season, against Escalante who was undefeated in the region. It was an intense game and Valley actually came out on top! Well, Lexie didn't like the noise too much so Bryan spent most of his time holding her at the top of the stairs so she wasn't screaming at all the noise where we were all sitting. The next day we came to the championship game: Valley vs. Panguitch. Lexie did much better during the game and sat nicely even though it was extremely noisy (especially with her mom yelling at the refs...they were so bad!) 

Here is a picture of Lexie watching during the championship game.
This is my little sister watching the game. 
Her shirt says "My Parents are Exhausted". So true.
Matt made critical free throws down the stretch and the Valley boys came out on top by 2 points, winning the region championship! 
Here they are getting their trophy.
Here is Matt with the trophy and cutting down the net.

The entire team and coaches with the trophy.
This week is the state tournament in Richfield. I miss the days of it being in Cedar so I could go watch, but good luck to the team! 

1 comment:

Lyman Family said...

Looks like fun! I actually went to every single basketball game when I was in high school, even though I don't understand much of the rules. I do know that making baskets is good and I do enjoy screaming for the team. How exciting that he got to cut down the net! What a moment for him and for your family!