Bryan, Angie, Lexie, Hoyt & Sabrie

Friday, November 21, 2008

I Can See Clearly Now

So I have a confession...I hadn't been to the eye Dr. for over 5 years. When I got my new Driver's license over 2 years ago I barely passed the eye test at the DMV. Maybe that scares all of you who may be on the road when I'm out there...in fact the Dr. said "I hope you didn't drive here". :) I had been stretching out my contacts to get by, but finally I forced myself to get an appointment. So the contacts I had been using they actually stopped making that kind 3 years ago so that tells you how old they were. I really like my new eye Dr. and the appointment went great and the best news is - I CAN SEE NOW! It's like a whole new world has been opened up to me. I can see road signs, people's faces from across the room, and I can even see the time on my clock in the bedroom from the bathroom! One of these days when I have enough money I would like to get lasik, but until them I love having contacts in the correct prescription!

Sunday we went to our new ward for the first time. We LOVE it! It's nice to have a smaller ward, and because we are all new to the ward, everyone has been great to get to know each other! The best place I got to know some of the girls in the ward was in the mother's lounge during Sunday School. A group of us had a fantastic time talking and I know this is just what we need to make some new friends!

Another project we completed this past week was switching out Lexie's wardrobe. She has outgrown all of her 0-3 month size clothes so we had to switch them out with her 3-6 month's clothes. We had already gone through and labeled the boxes with the sizes so that wasn't hard, but we did have to wash them up and sort them by undershirts, PJs, outfits, dresses, etc. It was kind of sad to say goodbye to the cute, small outfits, but it's fun to look at the new outfits she will be wearing also. Lexie is getting really tall, so some of the 3-6 month outfits with feet in them she can barely even fit into at just barely 3 months old. She's just growing up way fast! Here are a few pictures I took today in one of her new outfits...thanks Colette!

Looking Good!

What a Sweet Face

Lexie with her Bunny Friend

I hope you all have a great weekend and a wonderful Thanksgiving! I can't wait!

3 comments:

Lyman Family said...

I know exactly how you feel. I am as blind as a bat, and the right prescription makes all the difference! I remember the first time I got glasses I was like, "Wow. I can see every leaf on the tree!" Before then, it was just one big green blur. I'm so thankful we live in a day when we can correct our vision! 100 years ago, I would have just been lost on the prairie somewhere, wondering where I was and trying to pet the stray "dog" that was, in fact, a grizzly bear . . .

Annie said...

It's crazy. I feel like I blink and Lexie grows by leaps and bounds! I wish I could have come to see you guys! But I bet you are so glad not to have colds. Congratulations on the new eyes by the way,

ladybug said...

cute!

love alisa