Bryan, Angie, Lexie, Hoyt & Sabrie

Thursday, May 5, 2011

March Stuff

I keep thinking I will get caught up on this blog soon, but I just haven't been able to keep up. I feel bad I have had to do entire months in single posts, but once I am caught up I am going to try to blog once a week or more. With that said, here is my attempt to catch up on the month of March. I didn't take many pictures...again. I really want to get back into blogging each week so I don't forget all the little things that happen. My kids are growing up so fast and being with them every day and just enjoying the little things are such priceless moments.

Every time we go to the mall, Lexie wants to ride the carousel. We don't usually carry cash, so we haven't been able to let her go, but we finally did one day so we let her ride and she was super excited! We were a little worried because she gets motion sickness and it is a small carousel that spins fast, but she seemed to do just fine.
Hoyt was a little tired and ready to get home for a nap.
In the middle of March, my uncle passed away from cancer and we went down to his funeral. We picked up Pete from Provo and all drove down on Wednesday evening. A funny story about the drive down (it wasn't really funny at the time but is now). The wind was blowing against us the entire way which was making us get horrible gas mileage. Also, once our gas gauge shows 1/4 tank it drops way fast and around Beaver it hit that point. We decided not to stop and gas up in Beaver because the price is usually tons more than other places. We usually get the best deal in Panguitch so we figured we could make it since it was just over 40 miles. Well, just after we started over Bear Valley with over 30 miles to go, our gas light came on. I had this happen to me one time before when I was just past Duck Creek heading to Cedar and had around 25 miles to go. I just coasted down the mountain and ended up being just fine. So we knew there was still some in the tank once the light is on, but we never really tested it because who really wants to run out of gas? Well, we were all pretty nervous and it was the longest 30 miles of my life, but we made it and all got a good laugh...next time I don't think I will take the risk to save a few dollars. The funeral was Thursday morning, and even though it wasn't the best of circumstances, it was great to see so many family members that we haven't seen for a while. We decided to just stay the entire weekend and enjoy some family time.

Friday night was the Jr. Prom, and for those of you not familiar with the small town prom traditions, the Jr. class spends numerous hours transforming the gym into their theme. It is also a community event and not just the high school kids go to the dance. Parents, community members, and kids of all ages look forward to attending the prom. Pete was nice and watched our little munchkins so we could go on a much-needed date. We had never gone to a dance since we met, so it was fun to go dance the night away at the Prom.

Here we are all dressed up and ready to dance!
Sisters! We were missing Jen in this picture because she was in getting food at the tea party. Oh, and Mickell won Prom Queen! Both my teenage sisters are beautiful and fun to be around...much more popular than I ever was back in the day. :)
Here are some pictures of the decorations. The theme was "Alice in Wonderland" and it looked really awesome in there!

My mom helped build the catarpillar so I had to take a picture. And here is Bryan dancing with Jen who is wearing Mickell's "crown" and holding her flower she won for being Prom Queen.
The big event of the night is the Jr. class performing the "Promenade" they practice for weeks. They did a great job. Here is Mickell and her dance partner with their ending pose. And here she is dancing with our Dad. It was a way fun night! I helped Mickell do her hair and she looked gorgeous in her dress! I had so much fun dancing with my handsome husband enjoying the decorations, atmosphere, and music!
Hoyt turned 10 months in March! I know I say this a lot, but he is such a sweet boy with a very mild temperment. The big accomplishment at 10 months is Hoyt FINALLY started sleeping through the night! It was very difficult having him get up in the night for so many months. Lexie was such a good sleeper from just 3 months old, and still is a fantastic sleeper. Adjusting to a baby not sleeping through the night was getting exhausting. After the big switch to formula a few weeks after he turned 9 months he started getting satisfied and his sleep went from 6 to 8 to 10 or more hours he was sleeping at night. I started getting uninterrupted sleep at night and it really did a lot to make me feel more human again! You can also see a little double chin in these pictures which meant he was putting on weight again which really made me feel better.

In this picture you can see his 2 little bottom teeth. So far he has 4 teeth: 2 top middle and 2 bottom middle.

This is a really cute, short video of Hoyt saying Mom and laughing.

No comments: