Bryan, Angie, Lexie, Hoyt & Sabrie

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

April Adventures

In March we waited and waited for good weather so we could go outside and have some fun. Finally, on April Fools Day it wasn't a joke that it was super nice outside! We decided to load up the kids and take them to a park. Hoyt enjoyed being in the stroller.
Lexie loves the park, especially slides! She enjoyed going down all of the different slides and running around with the other kids. She really likes to be outside so we are hoping for lots more nice weather!
After going to the park we decided to grab dinner at Firehouse Subs. Here are my two cute fire fighters.

Speaking of fire fighters, one day we decided to go get ice cream at Baskin Robins because they had .33 cent ice cream cones. The fire department was there and Lexie got to meet some real fire fighters, look at their cool firetruck, and even sit in the truck to get her picture taken. She was excited because she loves big trucks!

During the priesthood session of conference, my awesome friend Julie came to visit me! I haven't seen Julie for several years and hadn't ever seen her little girl except in pictures. It was so much fun to visit and catch up. She was one of my best college friends that I met when we both worked at the SUU Bookstore. I had so much fun not only working with her, but outside of work as well. I went home with her a few weekends, and she went home with me a few times too. I went to her mission farewell, visited her soon after she came home from her mission, went to her wedding, and she came to my wedding. She has a beautiful little girl Izze who had a fun time playing with Lexie. Here they are riding together on Lexie's car. Thanks for coming to visit Julie, you are an amazing friend! (I'm just sad I didn't get a picture of me and Julie...next time!)

This video of Lexie and Hoyt is hilarious (to me at least). The first part is Lexie trying to eat a Gogurt while she is falling asleep. The next part is Hoyt jabbering away which is super cute! You might notice he's wearing the same clothes as the previous video, but it is purely a coincidence that he was wearing the same thing both days. I love my silly kids!

Lexie went to her very first friend birthday party in April. It was for her friend James from nursery and my friend Elizabeth's son. They had the party at a place called "Bouncin' Off the Walls" and Lexie was in heaven! She loves blowup toys, especially the big slide! Daddy had fun taking the kids down the slide and playing with Lexie.
Hoyt mostly loved the bounce house. He could have spent hours in there. He would crawl around and just laugh even when bigger kids were bouncing and he would fall down. He loved it!
Lexie had such a great time at the party and some days she tells me to get ready so we can go to another party.
Lexie is such a silly girl sometimes. Whenever I get out the camera she wants me to take her picture even if she is in her jammies. The other picture was her being silly and putting her pullup over her head. She thought it was hilarious. She is now almost completely potty trained, except at night, but we have had several nights when she wakes up dry so we are making progress! When we got back from Christmas she insisted on wearing underwear. It has taken a lot of patience, but I'm hoping she'll be 100% trained before her birthday.
Hoyt turned 11 months in April. He was excited when we got out some of the toys Lexie played with at his age. This little chair was a big hit!

One evening when we were getting ready to eat dinner Lexie got out her witch hat from Halloween and put it on Hoyt. After we took his picture, she wanted a picture too. Ok, she seriously has the same clothes on in almost all the pictures in April. I promise my kids do have more than one outfit each, but between getting dirty and just wanting to change clothes several times a day you never know what they are going to end up wearing. If it were up to her, Lexie would just live in her swimsuit all the time. This summer she probably will.
This is just one of those things that makes me smile. They dumped the toys out of the bin and Lexie wanted to give Hoyt a little ride. He was grinning the entire time!

1 comment:

Kori said...

Looks like an adventure! I'm sad we couldn't get together and do something before you moved back to Cedar. Still congrats and I hope you enjoy being closer to family. I know I would!