Bryan, Angie, Lexie, Hoyt & Sabrie

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Hoyt's 1st Birthday!!!

Hoyt is now 1 year old! Hard to believe it's been a year since my handsome little boy entered the world. He completely stole my heart and I love this little guy so much! He is such an easy going, loving little boy. He loves to give hugs and just cuddle which I just love because his big sister is the complete opposite. I love his big blue eyes, his infectious laugh, his easy temperament, and his amazing hugs! His birthday came at a pretty crazy time for us because we decided to move back to Cedar City by the end of May. The week of his birthday we took a load of our stuff from Sandy to Cedar City, and met with our renter to check the house and give him his deposit back. We decided to stay south for the weekend to celebrate with family.

The first order of business on his birthday was to have Great-Grandma Mickelson give Hoyt a haircut. Here are pictures with his long hair and sitting on the stool getting ready for the big event. He is so easy going that I thought he would be fine with the haircut. I didn't take into consideration that Hoyt is scared of noises, such as the vacuum, so the buzzing noise of the clippers, mixed with being held down on a stool was just too much for the poor little guy. He screamed the entire haircut and after didn't want anything to do with me. Luckily after a few minutes he was happy and ready to party!

Here is the finished product...so handsome! He really enjoyed eating pizza for his birthday dinner.
Pizza time!
The big gift we got Hoyt we wanted for both kids and since his birthday is first we gave it to him. It is an awesome wagon that the kids love and we will be able to have fun walks to the park and get good use out of it this summer!
Hoyt loved it so much he pretty much sat and played in the wagon his entire birthday. He kept pointing to the ceiling fan but we laughed and said he was saying #1 since he is now 1!
More presents...

For his cake I decided to do farm animals because according to Bryan, Hoyt's first word was E-I-E-I-O...not exactly a word, but he loves "Old MacDonald Had a Farm". I'm no professional, but it turned out cute.
He really wanted to tear into the cake! Thanks Great Grandpa and Great Grandma for coming to the party...and for the haircut. :)
Here is a video of Hoyt singing "Old MacDonald"; also all of us singing Happy Birthday and him eating his cupcake.
Yummy!

And here is our little family. I have a hard time getting both silly kids to smile for pictures. They always smile until we take pictures.

Me with my little birthday boy - then & now. People always joke about momma's boys, but even though I have a great bond with Lexie, it seems there is a different kind of bond a mom has with her son. I'm so happy to have both my kids and I love to watch them grow and learn new things every day. It makes me such a better person being a mother and I couldn't be any happier to say: Happy 1st Birthday Hoyt! Mommy loves you forever!!

2 comments:

The Martin's said...

Wow that year went fast, your kids are getting so big.

Cindy Anderson said...

Happy 1st, Hoyt!!