Bryan, Angie, Lexie, Hoyt & Sabrie

Monday, May 10, 2010

Our Silly, Growing Girl

As I prepare to give birth to our second child, I have spent some time the past few weeks reflecting on my baby girl and realizing how fast she is growing up. I was looking at pictures when she was first born and she didn't even recognize herself but just pointed out that it was a "baby". I just can't get enough of my sweet, crazy Lexie girl! I must admit I'm excited, but a little bit scared of bringing another baby home to mix things up around here. I know we'll all adjust and get used to it, but I'm also very grateful for the fun I've had with my little girl the past 21 months! We are the best of buddies and have a good time just being together every day.
Here she is with her super cute smile and crazy hair! She refuses to let me do anything with her hair, and when I try she has it pulled out and back to looking crazy in no time. But she's cute anyway.
Here she is in her new bed...oh wait, that's not the new bed we just bought, it is the bottom shelf of the bookcase where she likes to take pretend naps.
Lexie is obsessed with animals...especially kitties. We have a couple cats that come through our backyard sometimes and she gets so excited when she sees them. Last month she saw a kitty and started meowing through the window. The kitty stopped and came over to see her and wow she was happy about that! Here are some pictures and a video. This cat stayed at our back door for a couple hours and our little girl was in heaven!


We love our Lexie girl and I know we are going to love our little boy just as much when we get to meet him!
I'm so grateful to be a Mom and help raise our amazing children. I hope all of you awesome mothers out there had a fantastic Mother's Day! I love my own Mom so much more than I can ever say and hope I can be even half the mother she is to all of her children. I'm glad my kids will have her example as their Grandma! Also, I'm grateful for Bryan's Mom who is an amazing lady and raised such a wonderful son that I am blessed to have as a husband. She is also a great example as a Grandma and has been so loving and accepting of me since I joined the Lyman family. To all the other Mothers out there who have influenced my life...there are too many to even acknowledge, but I have been blessed with countless examples of wonderful women and mothers throughout my entire life that have helped shape me into who I am today. I love you all!!!

No comments: