Bryan, Angie, Lexie, Hoyt & Sabrie

Monday, July 7, 2008

July Celebrations

Showing off our $2.50 tees'

Bryan:
We thought we would show off our patriotism by purchasing a pair of extremely cheap tee-shirts we bought off the gotta-get-rid-of-the-Independence-day-stuff rack at Walmart. Don't judge us! We are true-blue Americans through and through! Then we were off to the most rockin', high-falootin' shindig in Utah. That's right...Kanab! Okay, so, not so much rockin'; in fact the band hosting the music at the park looked and sounded like a hippie/Christian rock group (complete with sitar for the groovy tunes). However, the fireworks did not disappoint; they keep getting better, bigger, and longer lasting every year. Especially since last year the fireworks sparked a large brush fire and they had to cut the show short. Top that off with some awesome dutch-oven grub prepared by the Terry clan, and you have one great ID4 (yes, I ripped that acronym off the movie). The beans were also a big hit, with the frequent question going around: "Can I get the recipe for these?" I must mention the rolls as well, good job grandma. And don't forget the checks-mix, which disappeared faster than cards at a magic show.



Happy birthday to my beautiful wife on July 1st. Her visiting teacher decided to show me up by buying her a full set of roses. I was trying to be sneaky by purchasing her gift with cash, but she found out anyway because she likes to keep informed on every aspect of my life (just shows how much she cares about me). At least I was able to keep what the gift actually was from her until she opened it: the complete collection of Jane Austen movies made by BBC. They are the old ones, but they are different and should be fun to compare to the newer versions. Perhaps we can even pop one into the DVD player at the hospital to take her mind off the labor pains. Most likely, however, she will remember little of the experience because she will be riveted to the Olympics. I even joked that she would be telling the doctor to move his head because he would be blocking the TV.

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

Happy Birthday Ange! I'm glad you had a nice one. Those videos look good...maybe one day we can watch them. Though, I do need to see some Anne of Green Gables too!

Mandy said...

hey, yeah...happy birthday. Thanks for stopping by our blog. Sounds like the 4th was fun in kanab.
Well, I may just see you in August on OB...Congrats and how exciting!

Michelle said...

Angie-
It's your long lost stat-girl partner!haha Who knew that you guys had a blog??@#$ I found yours through Brad and Amy's. How do you know them? Anyways, I'm glad I found you! Now I can keep tabs on what you guys are up to. I haven't seen you in so long- I had no idea you were even Pregant! When are you due? How exciting! This is why blogging is good. Good luck with all your new adventures!