Bryan, Angie, Lexie, Hoyt & Sabrie

Sunday, July 20, 2008

The Final Countdown...


Well, here is a new pregnancy picture took just today before church. Now at 36 weeks we are down to just 4 weeks (28 days) until the due date! And if our baby doesn't decide to come early, I only have 20 more days of work! It will be quite a change not being in the workplace anymore, since I've had some sort of paying job since I was about 11 years old. I worked to pay for things all during my growing up years, then put myself through college, kept working to support myself, then after getting married I worked to help put Bryan through the rest of his schooling. Now I'm letting Bryan have the chance to support our family while I get to stay home with our baby and be a mom like I've always wanted. I know it will take some getting used to, but I'm excited to start this new adventure and chapter in my life. I'm so grateful that we have been so blessed to make it to this point. I was blessed I was able to work at the University long enough to get Bryan's tuition covered, and blessed to have a great job the past 7 months to get us through the rest of Bryan's schooling and have what we needed before the baby is born. I am even more grateful that Bryan has found a job he loves that will allow him to support his family. We really do have so much to be grateful for!

As you look at the lovely picture of me this week, I'm sure many of you are thinking that I have really gotten big lately. I don't realize how much bigger I am until I see the pictures of myself...or until someone brings it to my attention. Just yesterday in the store I had 2 different little girls comment on my baby belly. One girl asked her mom if I was going to have a baby. The funniest part was that it was the daughter of a girl who just started at my work a few weeks ago. She told her daughter "Yep, that's Angie, she's having a baby." So I start shopping again and 2 isles later a little girl with big bright eyes came up and said to me "Are you having a baby?!" So I guess at least it's obvious that's a baby belly I've got...at least people don't think I've just been eating too much. hehe.

We have been getting some culture in lately which has been a lot of fun. We went to see "Fiddler on the Roof" at the Shakespeare Festival and it was great! Then last weekend we were able to go to Tuacahn to see "Les Miserables". That was the first time Bryan and I had ever seen the play and we had fun going together. It was raining for a while up until the show started, but that was a blessing because it cooled it down enough that it wasn't totally miserable which was so nice for me! Heat and I don't get along right now and any relief I can get is much appreciated!

I'm glad Bryan and I have had some time to spend together before our lives completely change when our baby is born. We can't wait to meet our little girl who is continuing to grow. She's now probably about 6 lbs and over 18 inches long. At the end of this week she's considered full-term and can be born at any time. We'll keep you updated as we enter...the final countdown!

6 comments:

The Bonham Family said...

Hey, I didn't know that you even had a blog! Just get a lot of sleep until the baby comes, trust me you are going to need it.
You'll make a great mom!
Luv Colette

Lacey said...

Oh you look so pretty! I'm totally serious! I'm excited for you to have your new baby. Please keep the blog updated with labor news and such.

April Hoyt said...

Hey I just found you through Colette's blog. Love the prego belly! Such an exciting time! Good Luck!!

The Martin's said...

I'm so excited for you guys I can't believe that its almost time. Its so crazy how fast its gone. Good luck with everything.

Valerie said...

Wow this pregnancy has gone fast - for me anyway! I can't believe it's almost time! Hang in there! I wish I could come down this weekend. Sorry I won't be able to. I'll be thinking of you! Make sure and post pics as quickly after the babe is born! We can't wait to see her!

Jana Sorensen said...

I am with Colette and April. You look so great Angie! I am glad that I found your blog! I am excited for you to have a baby! You are going to be such a FUN, CUTE MOM! Yeah for blogging! :)
Love, Jana