Bryan, Angie, Lexie, Hoyt & Sabrie

Monday, December 5, 2011

Thanksgiving Weekend

This year we had Thanksgiving with the Lymans and Bryan's Bentley cousins. James, Jenny, and Bethany came to stay with us Wednesday night. My kids were so hyper about having company that getting them to bed took way too long so we were a bit tired the next day. We had Thanksgiving dinner at the church across from the Temple in St. George. I was glad we fed our kids before heading down because they didn't eat anything. All they wanted to do was run around with the other kids and play. Lexie and Bethany had a great time and would never stop for a picture so this is the best I got.
A bunch of us decided to take some of the kids to the park to play. The weather was pretty nice until it was getting dark and we decided to get back to the church. Hoyt had fun on the slide.
I wasn't able to really take pictures because the only thing I did the entire time was follow Hoyt around the church. He enjoyed exploring and opening every door in the entire church...yes at only 18 months he can open doors. I was VERY tired by the time Thanksgiving Day was over! Bryan at least got to visit with his cousins he hasn't seen for a long time. And I really don't mind having some bonding time with this handsome little dude!
We had such a great view of the temple and I took this picture at the perfect time of day. Love it!

We had planned to head over to visit my family for the remainder of the weekend since Bryan's family all left Friday morning, but my sister was really sick so we decided to stay home and have a relaxing weekend just the 4 of us and it turned out to be quite nice! Friday we slept in and stayed in our PJs for the majority of the day which was just what we needed after a tiring Thanksgiving Day. We went to the store in the evening when the Black Friday crowds were gone and I think I spent a whopping $2.64 or something. Saturday we went to Pizza Factory in support of Small Business Saturday and thanks to American Express we got a FREE delicious meal! We went to the park and then just again relaxed at home with the kids. While at the store, we did let the kids ride the little merry-go-round and they were perfectly happy. Even though I was disappointed to not see my family, it really was a nice, relaxing weekend we all enjoyed--especially Bryan who got a much-needed break from work.
We have been given so much this year and are grateful for many things: our eternal family, the Gospel, our Savior Jesus Christ, our house, Bryan's new job which provides us with the things we need. There is so much more; we are truly blessed!!!

No comments: