Bryan, Angie, Lexie, Hoyt & Sabrie

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Turning the big 30

Turning 30 didn't seem like a big deal. And really, it wasn't. I didn't think too much about it until 1 week before my birthday when we had a surprise 50th Birthday party for my Mom while my military brother and his wife were in town. I didn't get many pictures from that night, but it was a lot of fun and we really did surprise her big time. And it got me thinking about her 30th birthday party. I was 10 years old and remember thinking how old that seemed at the time. So then it hit me--that really doesn't seem that long ago, which means I am going to be 50 before I know it. But my mom has aged well and doesn't look a day over 30, so as long as I have that good fortune, even that won't be a big deal. I thought her cake turned out great!
She really was quite surprised which is really hard to do!
I didn't take any pictures on my actual birthday, but it was a pretty good day. I got my hair cut, which is always nice and relaxing. In the afternoon, my parents were over picking up my sister, so they took our kids home with them so Bryan & I could finally get a much-needed date! We went to St. George and first had dinner at Olive Garden--my favorite! Then we were able to go do sealings at the temple--one of my favorite things to do with my husband! After that we did a little shopping. Bryan bought me an awesome double Belgian Waffle Maker which I have really wanted for long time. He also insisted on buying me this beautiful cake.
We drove to my parent's house that night and the kids were already passed out. So the next day everyone sang to me and we ate cake.
So far, 30 is looking pretty good. I have been so blessed and I'm comfortable where I'm at in life at this point. Happy Birthday to me!

1 comment:

Cindy Anderson said...

That is a BEAUTIFUL cake! Happy belated!!!