Bryan, Angie, Lexie, Hoyt & Sabrie

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Independence Day Weekend

My family tending for my birthday date worked out perfect because we were already heading over to spend the weekend for the Independence Day celebrations. Saturday we went swimming with the kids and had a great time, but I forgot my camera so I didn't get pictures. Later that day we decided to go to the playground. I knew it was hot that day, but it was in the high 90s and when we got to the park it just seemed way too hot to want to be out very long.
Resting in the shade.
Even with the heat, Lexie had to try out every slide.
And the girls had to swing too...
Sunday we just went to church then had dinner in Kanab with family.

Monday was the 4th. We got up and Bryan made waffles with my new waffle iron, then we all went to the parade. Here is our little family all decked out in our patriotic gear.
Hanging with the family....
This picture shows the entire parade in one shot...pretty short one.
My sister was in charge of the games at the park so she enlisted the help of my entire family to run everything. Luckily my parents had 9 kids and 6 of us, plus Bryan and my Dad went to the park and helped the kids play games until we were out of prizes. Nate was helping with the slip'n slide and Lexie had such a great time!
After we were done at the park we headed to Kanab to have an awesome Dutch oven dinner and watch fireworks with all the extended family. It's a yearly tradition and my aunt and uncle own a house right across from the city park so their lawn has the best view of the fireworks in town.
We went over to the park during the entertainment before the fireworks and Lexie played with Ta'Kara in the splash pad. Lexie wasn't sure about getting wet, but after some encouragement she finally got wet and had a great time. Hoyt wasn't as happy to be strapped into his wagon, but he did great for the most part.
After getting dried off and into a change of clothes, Lexie HAD to go down the slides again and again. If kids weren't going down fast enough she would just get ahead of them and go. I do not understand where she gets her energy from, but she had fun!
After a long, hot day it was finally time for the fireworks. I was worried Hoyt would freak out and hate them because of the noise, but he seemed to do fine. Lexie liked the pretty colors, but as you can see in this picture she was super tired by this time.
Pretty...
I love the fireworks in Kanab, just like in Cedar because of the loud echo from the mountains. You just don't get that everywhere and the show was really great this year. Family, Food, Fun and Fireworks...the perfect 4th of July!!!

No comments: