Bryan, Angie, Lexie, Hoyt & Sabrie

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A Name and Blessing

On June 6, Bryan was able to give a name and blessing to our little Hoyt Riley Lyman. I wanted to share a little bit about his name. I have always wanted to name a son after my maiden name because I think Hoyt is a cute boy name. We weren't sure what to do for a middle name so I told Bryan I wanted him to choose a family name from his side that he liked and sounded good with the first name. He decided on Riley which was his Grandpa Swanson's name. Bryan never met his grandpa because he died before Bry was born, but we know he was a great guy. The thing that sealed the deal for the name was when I looked up the meanings for both names: Hoyt = spirit and Riley = valiant. So he's our little Valiant Spirit...I loved that! The blessing Bryan gave was sweet and I know this little guy is so special and will do many amazing things in his life.
Here he is in his little blessing tuxedo posing for us.

He was so tired, but he looked handsome!
Hoyt with his Daddy who gave a great blessing!
Hoyt with his Grandparents and Great Grandparents.

Our family.

The entire group at the blessing.

Hoyt family at the blessing.

Lyman family at the blessing.

We want to thank everyone who traveled to be with us for Hoyt's special day. We missed those who could not be here and want to thank you for your well wishes, thoughts and prayers. It has been such a blessing to have our little boy here; he makes our home so much more complete. I love being a mother and I'm grateful for having Bryan who holds the priesthood so we can be blessed by having that power in our lives.

2 comments:

Cindy Anderson said...

Hey Angie! Hoyt sure is a handsome little fellow! Glad you had a special day with your family.

Mandy said...

I love his name. How sweet. I hope that you are adjusting to 2 well! Thinking of you!