Bryan, Angie, Lexie, Hoyt & Sabrie

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A Little Catching Up

I have a lot of catching up to do. It isn't very easy going from 1 to 2 kids and takes some getting used to. I would say so far it's not as hard as I expected but that's not to say it's super easy. Lexie loves her baby brother and wants to hold him all of the time. She never intentionally hurts him, but likes to bounce a lot around him. He has been partially fallen on and kicked in the head a few times but nothing serious...he's tough!
These pictures are funny. First Hoyt sticks his tongue out at Lexie then he looks over like "Mom, are you sure this is a good idea?"
At his 2 week checkup Hoyt weighed 7 lbs 12 oz (21%), was 21 in (60%), and head was 13.5 in (7%). He is healthy and strong and has been lifting his head since the day we brought him home. This morning in bed he rolled from his side onto his stomach and he loves to push up with his legs when you hold him. He is a happy kid unless he is cold (when you change his clothes or diaper), or hungry. We still don't know exactly who he looks like, but we know he is super cute!
Giving me the "I love you" sign. Little genius or just coincidence?
As far as sleeping goes, some nights are better than others. He usually only gets up to eat around 2:30 and 6 a.m. and has gotten better at sleeping in his bassinet most of the time, but unlike Lexie who has never slept a night of her life in our bed, Hoyt has spent part of many nights in bed with us which has not been fun. I do love how cuddly he is and love spending many hours each day just holding him and snuggling and not caring that my house isn't getting cleaned or I don't get showered until 2 or 3 in the afternoon. These babies grow up so fast and I am enjoying my time with a tiny baby for as long as I can!
Hoyt at 3 weeks old giving me smiles.
Cute boy being good getting pictures...and then he's done.
My 2 kids! They are both super cute and I love the one where they are looking at each other. Lexie is such a great big sister and Hoyt is sweet!
For Memorial Day we went on a picnic and let Lexie play on the slide. I forgot my camera so we didn't get pictures, but she loved the slide and went up and down, up and down, until we had to go and we had to drag her out of there kicking and screaming for more. She is loving the warm weather and begs to go outside every chance she gets so she can pick up rocks and help water the plants.
June 1st my brother Pete came home from his mission in Houston, TX. We traveled to St. George to see him fly in. This was the first time Pete got to meet his niece and nephew and Lexie was excited to meet another uncle!
Lexie had fun playing with her aunts and uncles at the airport.

Great Grandma Mickelson got her turn with the baby.

Here is Lexie meeting Uncle Pete and our little family with the new RM.

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

Sooo cute! He looks like a very alert little guy. I love seeing him in Brit's clothes. Brings back so many memories, and I like that they're not just sitting in my closet.
Can't believe Pete's back already. They're growing up too fast...makes me feel old!

Anonymous said...

Your little Hoyt is such a cute guy. I especially like the picture where Lexie is holding him and he is looking for you. It's cute of both of them.
I'm excited to see Pete since his mission and hear what he has to say about it.

Kori said...

What a great big sister Lexie is. I love that Hoyt already sticks his tongue out at her. It will only get worse. I'm glad to hear all is well and I hope his blessing went well too.