Bryan, Angie, Lexie, Hoyt & Sabrie

Monday, May 11, 2009

The Prophet Said To Plant a Garden

I don't know how many of you know that primary song "The Prophet Said To Plant a Garden", but it has been going through my head for about a week now. We've wanted to start a garden and decided to try the "Square Foot Gardening" method since we don't really have a good garden spot in our backyard with good soil. We built the boxes this weekend and went to buy soil, plants, and seeds. Finally tonight for FHE we got all the plants and seeds planted and now we'll see how well we do at our first gardening experience.

Here is Lexie and Bryan and our  garden boxes (our backyard isn't very attractive yet, but we'll get there eventually one thing at a time)
Here is Lexie enjoying time in her stroller. Her new favorite thing with the nice weather is to be outside going for rides. 

After being so patient while we planted, she was ready to get out!

For Mother's Day Bryan gave me flowers. 
Here are the flowers he gave me...they will last through the summer!
I hope all of you awesome mothers had a great Mother's Day! I had a great day going to visit my amazing Mom and spending time with family. I am so grateful to be a mother and have such a loving husband and sweet daughter to make my life full of joy. Life has been crazy the past few weeks, but life is good! I'll have to post more about things that have been going on when I get a chance, but it is late and I must get ready for bed. Until next time...

4 comments:

Anna said...

Was it hard to build the boxes? We are behind on getting our garden started this year and our yard is not really good either, we cleared a spot last year, but it wasnt' very good.

Lyman Family said...

Wow, good for you! Good luck with the gardening thing. That's one of those things I always say I'll do and then never do. We barely keep track of our lawn. But I love fresh produce!

Clarissa said...

Cute garden! I love it! We have one box garden (it was supposed to be a sandbox for Cambrie, but we never got any sand for it, so now it's a garden box). Maybe some day we'll get more. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Angie,
Way to go with the gardening. It is fun to plant a garden and watch things grow.
By the way, I just signed on last night so I can make comments, so maybe I'll check out your blog more often.
That little girl is a cutie.