Bryan, Angie, Lexie, Hoyt & Sabrie

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Busy and Birthday Fun

It's late and Lexie is in bed which means it would be smart of me to be sleeping too, but this is the only chance I've had to get on and blog for a while. She is getting so busy now that she can crawl and get into everything in a matter of seconds. I spend most of my days chasing her around the house, closing the bathroom door so she can't try to stand up to the toilet.  Lexie's new thing is to pull herself to standing. She started doing this a few weeks ago right after she learned to crawl. She started just standing up in her crib and always had a big grin on her face whenever we went to get her out of bed. 
Here is what I see every morning and after naps. Super cute! 
Now she is standing up to the couch, TV, and as you see, her playpen. I had to put her in there to shower this morning and if you can't tell she was crying and mad because she wanted to get out.  
We didn't get many good pictures of us over the weekend. Lexie was not having a good weekend because she was trying to cut her 2nd tooth on the bottom. I'm happy to report the tooth finally broke through this morning and she's been much happier today!
This is Lexie with her Aunt Jodi at the party. 
This is all of the grankids minus about 6 and a few spouses.
And this is my grandpa getting one of his gifts. It is a picture of Christ holding children because that is my grandpa. There are so many pictures of him holding grandkids on his lap. I am the oldest granddaughter and have so many great memories of my grandpa. He may be 80, but he looks at least 20 years younger than that and has amazing health. I love you grandpa and we are glad we got to spend time with you to celebrate the past 80 years of your life...here's to many more years to come!

5 comments:

The Martin's said...

I totally understand chasing around the kids all day, its a full time job and then some. Hope things are going well.

Lyman Family said...

Wow, that Lexie is sure cute! I say that every time but it's true. It will be fun to see her do all of that stuff--we didn't really get a chance at the restaurant to watch her move and groove. My grandpa turns 80 this year too! We're so lucky to have good memories with our grandpas! As the oldest grandchild on my mom's side, I also have LOTS of memories. I'm glad to be the oldest for that reason--more time and more memories.

Amanda Lyman said...

Lexie is growing up fast! Did Jodi get a hair-cut? She looks WAY different than when I saw her last....hope to see you guys soon!

Love,
Nicole

Annie said...

I just wanna SQUEEZE her!

Kori said...

Yeah teeth! NOT! Teething in addition to diaper changing are my two least favorite things of being a mother. I thoroughly love everything else. Cayson is terrible with teething too. I'm so sorry about Lexie having to deal with that on such a fun occasion. That's always a bummer. Luckily, at some point they all come in and you have a whole new set of problems to deal with. We are approaching Caysons first birthday quickly and Lexie's isn't far behind. Can you believe we almost have one year olds? Good luck with the walking in many ways I wish he would have waited until later. In addition to being in to everything he also is very accident prone. Because he can walk now he's falling over everything, pulling everything down on himself, hit his head so many times to count, and came centimeters from blinding himself for the rest of his life. Thank you Heavenly Father for looking out for these precious young ones.