Bryan, Angie, Lexie, Hoyt & Sabrie

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Our Big, Brave Girl

Yesterday was our 2 month Dr. appointment. As I said before, she has grown a lot in recent weeks and went from being on the smaller side of the percentages to the larger end from her last appointment. Here are the stats for Lexie at 2 months:
Weight: 11 lbs. 13 oz. - 76% (up from 47%)
Height: 23.25 in. - 83% (up from 28%)
Head: 15.25 in. - 50% (up from 31%)
We also survived Lexie's first round of shots. I almost cried any time I thought about having to watch her get the shots. She was in such a happy mood all morning long which made me feel terrible thinking of putting her through the pain, but I know it was necessary so I took Bryan with me and we got through it together. She only cried for about a minute after they poked her then she calmed down pretty fast. Lexie hardly ever cries so to hear her cry in pain was not fun but she did really well. About 2 hours after the shots she cried a lot and if I touched her legs she cried even more because they were hurting. I gave her some Tylenol and she calmed down and went to sleep. She wanted me to hold her most of the afternoon. I gave her another dose of Tylenol in the evening and she was happy and cooing until she went to bed. She actually slept all night long only getting up once to eat and I didn't have to give her any more medicine and today she seems to be doing great so I'm glad she got through that so well. Here is a picture I took where you can see the bandaids on both her legs from the shots and also see how big she's getting.

2 comments:

Kori said...

I hate the shots too. I cried as much as Cayson on the first round of shots but have done better with each set after. He is just a few weeks away from his 6 months shots and I'm dreading every day closer. I wish Carson would come with me but I get to do it on my own. I can't wait for the day when they find an easier way to give them a medication other than shots.

Anonymous said...

I learned from my infant massage teacher that if you rub their legs after the shots are given it helps move the medicine around and their legs usually don't get as sore. They also say if you give them tylenol/motrin before you go that helps to. I have always done the medicine after wards with Marcus and with rubbing his legs he really doesn't have much problem with the shots anymore.