Bryan, Angie, Lexie, Hoyt & Sabrie

Friday, August 31, 2012

More August Adventures

 August was a crazy, busy month for us (as it is for just about everyone I know). One incident that happened was just 2 days after we all got haircuts. It was Sunday morning and Lexie had been cutting paper with her scissors. I usually make sure the scissors get put up right when she is done, but I was getting ready for church and Hoyt ended up in her bedroom for literally 30 seconds by himself. He came out looking so proud of himself and saying "My hair", and when I looked I was horrified to see several almost bald spots he had cut into his nice-looking haircut. The picture doesn't even do justice to how bad it looked. I didn't want to take him in public because there was nothing I could do on a Sunday. I asked Lisa her advice and she said she would buzz his hair the next day. The other crazy thing that happened was that we finished getting ready and headed to church. Well, turns out it was Stake Conference, but our ward hadn't been announcing it weeks in advance like usual, and we had missed the week before due to all of us being sick. So we just went home and chalked it up to another crazy day with kids that we would later laugh about (although it was not funny at the time).
 
Here are the before and after pictures. He actually looks cute with a buzz cut and my Mom said she thought it made him look a lot older...I agree. I'm just glad he's a boy and his hair grows fast.
 With our family expanding, it finally became time for us to upgrade to a bigger vehicle. We have been saving to buy a minivan for about a year and had been seriously shopping for a few months. We really liked the newer Chryslers, but they were out of our cash price range. At first we were thinking of waiting longer, but then a great deal on a 2006 Town & Country came up, and it was right in our budget. Bryan headed up north to work for a day and went to check out several vans so we could decide what we wanted to do. After checking things out and test driving some vans, he decided we should go for the Chrysler. We paid a deposit so they would hold it for us and get it all ready (installing a DVD player and fixing a couple things). Two weeks later the van was finally finished so Bryan took a day off work and we headed to Lindon so we could purchase the van and bring it home. We got up and left home right after breakfast, then stopped for some lunch at Del Taco in Springville(only because it had a playplace for the kids to release some energy after a long drive). Then we headed to the dealership and looked around to decided for sure if this is the van we wanted, and it was! We did all the paperwork, and I wrote the biggest check of my life. But I'm glad we are in a position to pay cash and not have to have a car payment with interest! After a quick trip to Costco, and a stop at the other dealership location to get the DVD player working, we finally started the long drive home with Bryan & the kids in the new minivan, and me following behind in the Tribute. It was a long, hot, tiring day and my back was killing me after being in the car all day long, but it was well worth the trip!
 
Bryan & the kids with our new mode of transportation!
Bryan & the kids enjoying the new ride!
These are just random pictures Bryan took while we were all trying to get ready for church before we took pictures of the van. Hoyt was trying to hide behind the door and Lexie was getting her hair done.
And here I am at 30 weeks! It's not the best picture and kind of blurry, but you get the idea. Luckily, I haven't gotten huge yet and I'm feeling good for the most part. Can't wait to meet our sweet baby girl!

No comments: