Bryan, Angie, Lexie, Hoyt & Sabrie

Friday, June 17, 2011

The Move

If I have learned one thing this past year it is this: Never move twice in less than a year. If I would have known we would be moving back to our house only 10 short months later, I would have left a lot of things at our house that really didn't need to be hauled up and back. But we really had no idea this is the direction we would go.

At first we thought we could just do 2 loads using a Uhaul trailor, but after our 1st load, we figured we probably needed a moving truck. I found a good deal on a moving truck, but it had to be on Thursday, May 26 for 24 hours, and Bryan had to drive to Cedar, pick up the truck, drive to Sandy, load the truck, drive and then unpack in Cedar. I had most everything packed by the time Bryan got the truck to Sandy so we figured we could have the truck loaded and be on our way in a few hours. Oh how wrong I was! First of all there was a mass exodus from some apartments in our ward, so the EQ was too busy to help us which left Bryan to take loads down the elevator to the truck.

We started loading about 4 p.m. and at first it seemed to be going well, but it seemed that more stuff just started to appear and felt like we were never going to be done. We got the kids in PJs and figured we could for sure be heading out by midnight. Well, somewhere around midnight the kids fell asleep on the floor. Here are some pictures...they make me a little sad because I felt so bad their beds were packed and Bryan and I were so exhausted from packing and moving that I just didn't know how we were going to drive, unpack, and have our moving truck turned in by 9 a.m.
Lexie is a pretty crazy sleeper. These pictures were only taken a minute apart and she is in a completely different position.
We were about 95% done by about 2:30 a.m. but we could take no more so we decided to rest and wake up at 5:30 a.m. to finish up and hit the road ASAP. So on only 2-3 hours of sleep we got up and finished everything. Bryan called the truck rental place and they said if we had the truck back by 2 p.m. we wouldn't be charged anything extra. We hurried to finish up packing, cleaning, then grabbed breakfast at Burger King and hit the road. I was driving the Tribute with Hoyt, and Bryan was driving the moving truck with Lexie. She was SO excited to ride in the moving truck and I'm sad I didn't get a picture of her in the truck, but I was sleep deprived and we were in a hurry so I never did get one.

I called my parents and asked for a few of them to come help us unload the truck so we could get the truck back by 2. We were looking at only 1 - 1 1/2 hours to get everything unloaded, the truck filled with gas and turned in. Luckily our kids were angels and let us just drive straight with just a short stop to gas up the truck. When we got to our house, I was keeping track of the kids while Bryan started to unload. Thankfully our awesome neighbor Brother Armstrong just happened to be home and he came over and helped Bryan unload for probably 1/2 hour before my family showed up which was such an answer to our prayers. We are also super grateful my Dad, Mom, and a few of my siblings came and helped us get the unpacking all done and helped get everything returned just in time! Right as we got here unpacking the Dish Network guy came to set that up for us, and our Internet people came at the same time so in just a few hours of arriving home we had TV and Internet! It felt SO GREAT to be back in our house! We made a lot of progress getting unpacked the first weekend we were back, and hopefully we will be completely settled sooner than later. Home Sweet Home!

1 comment:

Kori said...

Wow! What a whirlwind. I'm glad it all worked out well. It is so nice to have family to come help you out. So sorry we weren't there for the moving out of the apartment part.