Bryan, Angie, Lexie, Hoyt & Sabrie

Monday, January 31, 2011

My Silly Kids in January

January was a busy month getting back into a routine after the holidays. It marked 5 months since the big move and we have still been working on getting settled into our new surroundings. January is always kind of a depressing month because the holidays are over and the weather is bad, but we tried to have some fun together. Here is our month in kind of a long post...

Hoyt really did enjoy the jumper but this day he was just too tired and fell asleep. But that didn't keep him from jumping in his sleep as you can see in the video.

Lexie got her parent's crazy-sleep-position genes and I thought this picture was so cute of her sleeping with Pooh and Kitty on the couch.
Lexie is always wanting to "hold" Hoyt, but he's getting a little too big now. He is really patient with her trying to mother him.
Here are some pictures of Hoyt getting to have a bath in the ducky tub. He loves to splash and I love his cute face and big blue eyes!
Lexie likes to dress up in her Halloween witch dress. I thought it was funny she put that on with her Christmas socks...in January. The other pictures are of the kids getting ready to head out of the house.
One of Lexie's favorite things to do is to go to Arctic Cirle to eat a hamburger and play on the slides. The Arctic Circle in Draper is the best fast food restaurant I have ever been to...not for the food necessarily (although they do have great ice cream), but for the amazing service and atmosphere; and it is always packed. They give complimentary small cones, bring your food and treat you like you are in a sit-down restauarant. Lexie loves the play place so we go there at least once a month.
Hoyt turned 8 months old this month. Time has really flown since he was born and we can't imagine our family without him. He is so easy going and is enjoying crawling everywhere allowing him to get into everything and harder for me to keep track of for sure! I decided to get some pictures of him in the rocking chair Grandpa and Grandma Lyman gave to us. Such a handsome little guy!
Hoyt finally grew out of his infant carseat and one day at Costco they were having a great deal on a convertable carseat just like Lexie's so we made the transition. The kids used the big box as their playhouse for a few weeks until it was completely destroyed. Sometimes I think toys are overrated when a box is the only toy kids need.


Here is my pretty Lexie girl all ready for church. These pictures kind of weirded me out because they look a lot like pictures of me when I was this age. When we got back from spending time with my family over the holidays, she decided after seeing Jen wear underwear and go potty she would too. So ever since then she has worn underwear. She's not completely trained yet, but getting there. She is a burst of energy and keeps us on our toes every single day. She stopped taking naps soon after we moved so she is up with me all day and is my little sidekick. We are still working on teaching her to share with her brother, but she loves him so much and can't wait for him to wake up and play with her every day.
Being a mom is definitely the best thing I have ever done with my life and I love these little munchkins more than anything in the world! It isn't always easy, especially when we all get sick (which has happened a lot recently), but always worth it!

1 comment:

Cindy Anderson said...

Your kids are growing up!!!!