Bryan, Angie, Lexie, Hoyt & Sabrie

Friday, December 31, 2010

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving week for us was determined a little by the weather. We left a day early because of the "blizzard" that ended up not being so bad, but it did give us an extra day to spend with my family. Lexie and Hoyt had a great time at Grandma & Grandpa's house! I didn't take many pictures that week for some reason, but we had a great time with extended family and also had some yummy food!

We stopped at Burger King on the way down and Lexie had to get a crown. All week she dressed up in Jen's princess clothes and wore her crown. She tried it on Hoyt so here is Princess Lexie and Prince Hoyt.

Here is Hoyt trying on another hat. Love that cute face with his big eyes and sweet smile!
Thanksgiving day we spent in Kanab with most of the Mickelson family. We had a great dinner with all my favorite traditional Thanksgiving dishes, and then we had a short Christmas party since we were all together. We had our festivities at the church, and after dinner the parents took many of us on a "Memory Tour" of the stake center in Kanab which was the first church built there, but they are tearing it down to build a new stake center in a few months. It was cool to hear memories from my Grandparents, and my Mom and her siblings. I also have memories there from growing up because it was also my stake center for my growing up years.
Lexie had a great time playing basketball with the big kids and playing on the stage (here she is peeking out the curtain).
The day after Thanksgiving my cousin Amanda opened up a salon for the day in my Grandma Mickelson's house so I was able to finally get a haircut! After the haircut my Aunt Merilee was kind enough to take some pictures with her nice camera for our Christmas card. It was a struggle to get Lexie to cooperate, but here are the pictures we chose for the card. I think they turned out cute.
Hoyt at 6 months old in his Christmas sweater vest.
The only way to get pictures of Lexie was to let her play on the slides at the park. It was freezing cold and she had her pretty new Christmas dress on, but I thought this picture was cute of her.

And here is the Bryan Lyman family 2010.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute photos of your family. Hoyt looks like your brothers in the photo where he is wearing the crown.
I'm kind of sad to hear they are tearing down the Stake Center in Kanab, I have a lot of memories from there as well.

Cindy Anderson said...

So fun! Thanks for the Christmas card. I loved it!