Bryan, Angie, Lexie, Hoyt & Sabrie

Sunday, March 9, 2008

She's Got That Fluttery Feeling...

First a quick update from our second visit to the Dr. which was this past Monday. Things seem to be going well with the baby. The heartbeat was at 150 beats per minute and sounds strong. Even though I feel like I'm getting huge and showing a lot more, the Dr. says I'm measuring perfect for where I'm at so that's good. And, I only gained one pound in 2 months so that's also some good news! We set up our ultrasound for March 18, so only about a week to go and hopefully we'll know if it's a boy or a girl. We can't wait!!!! According to Jen, a boy is unacceptable and this baby has to be a girl. She's also very curious about a baby in my belly and tried lifting up my shirt this weekend to get a peek at the baby. As for the rest of my family, all they can talk about is how I'm "showing" now, in other words I'm getting fatter. I asked Timmy if he thought my belly was getting fat. He hesitated and Bryan informed him that when a woman asks that, the answer is always "No!" to which Timmy replied "But sometimes the answer is Yes!" Gotta love kids, they tell it like it is.

Friday another exciting thing happened. I was leaning my stomach up against my desk and started feeling a fluttery feeling, like butterflies. It continued most of the afternoon so I'm pretty sure it was the "quickening" or, the first time I could really feel the baby. I haven't felt it much since, but that was pretty neat. Bryan can't wait until he can feel the baby kicking.


Bryan sitting in our new glider rocker.
This is one of our first baby item purchases.

Also Friday at our monthly employee meeting both Bryan and I had to introduce ourselves to the company. Some people in Bryan's office were confused and told him he didn't need to bring his spouse for introductions, so then we had to explain that we were both new employees. We were standing outside the broadcast room just slightly hugging and we were kind of grossing people out. We didn't even notice we were being affectionate at all, but I guess we are still the sickening sweet couple we have always been.

Friday night we went for a romantic dinner to Milts. We had a gift certificate for a free meal there so we decided to finally go get dinner. We weren't expecting the extraordinary steak dinner we were so blessed to partake of. We are ruined to all other foods for the time being and wish we were more wealthy so we could experience that savory, tender meat again soon. But this will have to wait for another time, and hopefully another free coupon. I dream about that sirloin delicacy. Ok, enough about the food (but it really was quite delicious)!

That's all for this edition. This new time change is going to be killer so we need to get to bed. Have a wonderful week. We love you all!

5 comments:

Valerie said...

That is so awesome you felt the babe! It's a lot of fun! As for fat - NEVER!!!! That's a beautiful little baby causing your belly to stick out a bit - it's all good! Keep smiling!

Kirsten said...

That's so great you got to feel it. I kept trying to for a while, and finally did around 16-17 weeks. I know it's hard not to feel "fat" even though you've only gained a pound or two. Even now,it's really almost all baby, but I say I'm "fat" and Mark tries to reassure me it's ok because it's the baby in there. I don't think he gets it...you just feel huge.

Amy said...

That's exciting! Have fun and enjoy all the little changes, because pretty soon there'll be another one!

Merilee said...

150 beats - that means girl right? Anyway it did for me. My girls had a fast heartbeat 145+ and my boys were closer to the 130 range. I am so excited for you guys! It is fun to feel the baby move for the first time. You look great!

Amy said...

This baby's heart beat has always been about 150, and it's a girl, maybe you're going to get one too! I'm glad put the ticker on your blog, it's kind of fun to see!